Karrot is one of the world's largest and fastest growing community marketplaces with a mission to connect neighbours to foster a warm and vibrant community.
Since our launch in May 2015, we have amassed over 20 million downloads and 17 million monthly active users spending on average 20 minutes per day. We have a team of over 200 employees supporting regional operations in Korea, Japan, UK and Canada.
We have raised $162 million in a Series D round of funding at a valuation of $2.7 billion, joining a growing list of unicorns in South Korea with $205 million total raised. This round of funding was led by DST Global, with additional participation from Aspex Management and existing investors such as Goodwater Capital, Altos Ventures and SoftBank Ventures Asia.
About the role:
We are looking for a passionate and exceptional Marketing Manager to own user acquisition and growth efforts for Karrot in Canada.
The ideal candidate will play a critical role in the growth of one of Karrot’s largest opportunities. We have had remarkable success in the Korean market. We now have ambitious growth goals for Canada and beyond.
As the Marketing Manager, you will develop and execute on the vision, strategy, and roadmap to rapidly expand our Canadian community. We focus not only on acquiring users, but also on creating content and campaigns to make meaningful community impact.
This role would be a good fit for a candidate that possesses the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, is passionate about building stronger communities through connecting neighbours, and has the ability and drive to build a beloved consumer brand.
- Own the end-to-end strategy and execution of growth marketing campaigns that drive user acquisition and engagement of Karrot, leveraging multiple channels (social, in-app, SMS, and etc) including both paid and organic.
- Build and provide robust performance reporting on all marketing campaigns and take relevant action on insights gained.
- Experiment across platforms, conducting deep analysis to uncover new opportunities for growth
- Work closely with the creative team and guide creative strategy to continuously optimize paid ad creatives for improved performance
- Partner with central product and growth teams to develop performance-driven growth efforts that are aligned with broader country strategy
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends and user challenges to drive a consistently topical calendar
- 3 - 5 years of user acquisition experience at high-growth companies
- Deep experimentation experience with a proven track record of A/B tests, optimizing campaigns and translating data into insights
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional organization
- Nice to have: Prior experience in ecommerce.
Even if you don't meet all of the qualifications above, we would still love to hear from you. If you think you've got what it takes to thrive in this role, please apply.
Working with us:
- Competitive salary and stock option
- Full autonomy to test out strategies and make an impact
- Dynamic and fast-moving working environment
- Unlimited vacation
- Ton of opportunities to fast-track your career and grow into a word-class leader