Karrot is one of the world's largest and fastest growing community marketplaces with a mission to connect neighbours to foster a warm and vibrant community.
Since our launch in May 2015, we have amassed over 20 million downloads and 17 million monthly active users spending on average 20 minutes per day. We have a team of over 200 employees supporting regional operations in Korea, Japan, UK and Canada.
We have raised $162 million in a Series D round of funding at a valuation of $2.7 billion, joining a growing list of unicorns in South Korea with $205 million total raised. This round of funding was led by DST Global, with additional participation from Aspex Management and existing investors such as Goodwater Capital, Altos Ventures and SoftBank Ventures Asia.
About the role:
We are looking for a passionate and exceptional General Manager to lead and accelerate Karrot's growth in Canada. Karrot’s General Manager for Canada will build and lead a high-performing team.
The ideal candidate will play a critical role in the growth of one of Karrot’s newest and biggest opportunities. The General Manager will play an essential role in the scale up of our Canadian business through identifying opportunities, meticulously testing and iterating on hypotheses, and leading a high caliber team.. This role would be a good fit for a candidate that possesses the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, is passionate about building stronger communities through connecting neighbours, and has the ability and drive to build a beloved consumer brand.
- Develop and lead the growth strategy in Canada.
- Recruit, build and manage a world-class team.
- Drive business development and growth efforts through partnerships with local communities.
- Spearhead strategy, planning, and execution of launch into new markets
- Analyze Karrot’s market positioning and identify growth levers.
- Build a strong culture to serve as the foundation upon which we grow the team
- Work closely with the founders and the leadership team in South Korea across Product, Engineering, and Operations functions to build an exceptional local service for Canadians.
- Passionate about the world of online buying and selling.
- A drive and commitment to succeed in a fast growing environment.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to influence business partners at all levels of the organization.
- An analytical and data-driven decision making mentality.
- Previous experience either founding or working at an early stage startup.
- Out-of-the box thinker who will find creative ways to achieve ambitious growth targets.
- Nice to have: Prior experience in online classifieds.
Working with us:
- Competitive salary
- Significant equity through stock option plan
- Full autonomy to test out strategies and make an impact
- Dynamic and fast-moving working environment
- Unlimited vacation
- Ton of opportunities to fast-track your career and grow into a word-class leader